Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Wasatch Back



So I have mentioned Wasatch Back a couple of times but I am sure some of you have zero clue why I am freakin out so badly. For my own benefit and excuse let me remind all of you that I just had a baby 9 months ago!

Think of it as a 178-mile party with 12 best friends. Teams of 12 will rock out to live bands, enjoy the wacky participant costumes, and make life-long friends with teammates and competitors. Teams will party along the backside of the beautiful Wasatch Mountains from Logan (85 miles north of Salt Lake City) to Park City, Utah (15 miles east of Salt Lake City). Running three legs during a 24-hour relay race is much easier than you think. Each team member runs three legs, ranging between 3 and 8 miles. This relay race is physically demanding, but legs vary in difficulty, and runners can choose their legs. This unique relay format makes the Wasatch Back an accessible race for beginners yet challenging enough for the most competitive.
I run a total of like 16.5 miles.
I would like to take this opportunity to address Kerri Dawn ie: Wonderbread. I will be run/walking with her in the days of 47 10k. Kerri I don't care how long you will take to finish it I will be right be your side, It will be so much fun to rock out to NKOTBand tease you about turning thirty before me!! I love you Kerri!
Speaking of turning thirty... I signed up for The Other Half marathon in October. They asked how old I would be the day of the race... 30... total bummer!!!

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Love you too!
I am still VERY nervous about the 10k. VERY NeRVOUS.